We live in a society in which outcomes of everyone’s lives are not the same. If you believe, like us, the reason those who are not succeeding or doing well is because they are oppressed by an unfair system, or subject to systemic biases, surely you would wish not to be in the group that is contributing to their oppression. We unpack that through this collaborative series between NEXTNiagara and the Niagara Region Anti-Racism Association. In past REALTalk events, we have focused on:
- Combating racism in the workforce
- How to ensure your workplace, volunteer policies are equitable and just
- How to support BIPOC peers in the workplace
- How to be anti-racist in the workplace
- What does allyship mean in the workplace?
- Learn skills to navigate through uncomfortable conversations
This month, our REALTalk Series will explore the link between affordable housing and anti-racism. This event will start with a mini-presentation from the Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA), followed by a panel discussion.